Emergency Technical Assistant- (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Jalalabad/Kunar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Ensure consistency in methodologies and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Donor requirements for all emergency program activities.
- Ensure timely and accurate data on emergency interventions is submitted to the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit and other actors as required.
- Representation at the community, district level and with other relevant agencies: Governmental (DORR and ANDMA), and non-governmental (national and international) humanitarian agencies.
- Responsible for distribution site preparation, beneficiary communication, coordination and monitoring of emergency activities.
- Assists in preparing reports.
- Ensure implementation of emergency procedures and practice adhere to standards of accountability and transparency.
- Other duties as required including secondment to assist emergency teams in other parts of Afghanistan.
- Acting Emergency Focal Point as required
- Minimum 2 Years of Experience
- Knowledge of data collection and databases
- Knowledge and experience of cash related programming – including market assessments
- Familiarity with SPHERE standards, Do No Harm and other relevant international standards
- Liaison and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of English both, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Education title: Bachelor Degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Jalalabad
- Grade: Services and Support
- Humanitarian Aid
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-01-23