IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges.
IUCN’s work focuses on valuing and conserving nature, ensuring effective and equitable governance of its use, and deploying nature-based solutions to global challenges in climate, food and development. IUCN supports scientific research, manages field projects all over the world, and brings governments, NGOs, the UN and companies together to develop policy, laws and best practice.
IUCN is the world’s oldest and largest global environmental organisation, with almost 1,300 government and NGO Members and more than 15,000 volunteer experts in 185 countries. IUCN’s work is supported by almost 1,000 staff in 45 offices and hundreds of partners in public, NGO and private sectors around the world.
- Founded in 1948 in Fontainebleau (France)
- A unique democratic Union with almost 1,300 State and NGO Member organisations in 185 countries
- A neutral forum for governments, NGOs, scientists, business and local communities to find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges
- Leading provider of the latest knowledge about biodiversity, with more than 15,000 experts and scientists
- The only environmental organisation with official Observer Status at the United Nations General Assembly
- Policy influence at the highest level
- Global reach with field activities on the ground
- Advisor to UNESCO World Heritage
Our added value is made by the people that we employ at all levels of the organisation.
We are all here to contribute to making a difference by influencing, encouraging and assisting societies throughout the world, to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and sustainable.
IUCN values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We would be very happy to consider your candidacy for the vacancies that you feel match your skills and competencies and look forward to reading your application!