Data Science Individual Contractor
New York City
Result of Service
Support the analytics team maintaining the soon-to-be launched 100 Series Kamino Data Science online training as well as the preparation of the 200 and 300 series Kamino, instructor-led data science training courses. 100 Series Kamino is a 100% online training which includes conceptual end-to-end narratives as well as tutorial videos. It is a self-paced training programme to be offered to any UN staff who is interested in learning Data Science in general. This training will serve as the basics for those who want to take the advanced training courses, the 200 and 300 Series Kamino Data Science training.
In addition, the IC will also be responsible for developing branding logos and templates for all services provided by the team. The contractor will document any guidelines in reference to the use of the branding items.
1 Oct - 31 Dec 2023Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with the preparation of input for response to requests for exploration, identification, and acquisition of data sources to determine their suitability for use in decision making.
• Assists in supporting training participants to leverage the use of data science methods through solutions agreed by the team.
• Assists with the preparation of input for the design and development of data science products.
• Adjusts customized visualization and presentation products to reveal the findings of analysis for training participants.
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related field .
Minimum 1 year experience in Data Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field is required.
Skill in leveraging analytical tools such as KNIME, R, PowerBi, Python or equivalent is required.
Ability to collect and ingest different types of data sources (e.g. CSV, JSON, SQLite DB) is required.
Experience with Illustrator, inDesign, Vyond and Articulate for graphic design, video production and training platform is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the UN. Fluency in written and oral English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: