Senior Co-Worker – Youth Care (Children’s Village - Piliyandala)
SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka, a member organization of SOS-Kinderdorf International, provides total care to the children who have lost their parents as well as the children who are at risk of losing the care of their biological family. The organization has well established Projects in Piliyandala, Nuwaraeliya, Galle, Anuradhapura, Monaragala, Jaffna, Gandara, Peraliya, Malpotha and Mallavi. We invite applications from highly committed individuals who meet the requisite qualifications for the following position.
SENIOR CO-WORKER – YOUTH CARE (CHILDREN’S VILLAGE - PILIYANDALA)
The Senior Co-Worker is responsible for guiding the youth according to SOS Children’s Villages policies and procedures towards independence, so that when they leave the care of SOS Children’s Villages they shall be self-sufficient contributing members of society.
In achieving this, the Senior Co-Worker should be seen as a role model providing advice, guidance, and support and a positive example to the young people in their development from adolescence to adulthood.
- The Senior Co-Worker youth is a who holds the overall responsibility for the day to day management and decision making of the youth facility. S/he holds the overall responsibility in staff management as well.
- Follows the rules and regulations of the youth facility and at all times acts in accordance with the SOS Children’s Villages policies and procedures to ensure that the youth are offered the best possible care.
- Properly manages the paperwork, PDB2 and administration for the youth facility in collaboration with the national office.
- Ensures the youths maintain close contact with the SOS mothers, aunties, brothers and sisters.
- Helps the youths gain the financial skills and responsibility needed to lead a secure and independent life outside of the youth facility.
- Adherence to all safeguarding policies (CPP, COC and PSHEA) as well as other key policies and procedures of the organization.
- Degree or diploma in social work, counselling or other equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Candidates with a true passion for working with children and youth will be given preference.
- Empathy, caring and sound listening skills.
- Sound communication skills in the local language and communication skills in English.
- Computer literacy.
Exciting career growth opportunities in a reputed child care organization awaits the right candidate!
The above position is residential and selected candidates will have to reside at the relevant project itself. married residential accommodation, utilities will be provided by the organization.
Please submit your applications on or before 30th September 2023 through the link given below.
HEAD – HR & OD,
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES-SRI LANKA,
P.O Box – 05,
SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka is committed to protecting its staff, programme participants and the communities we serve (both children and adults) from harm from child abuse, sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse and all other types of harm. Every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka should understand his/her responsibility in ensuring a safeguarding environment. The highest standards of selection, recruitment and authentication procedures will be applied for all employment opportunities, including thorough cross-checking of references and submitting a current police clearance certificate
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: