Support Services Manager
Duty Station : Sittwe, Rakhine State, Myanmar.
*Note: Temporary duty station will be in Dhaka, Bangladesh, until visa for Myanmar is obtained
Reporting to : Area Manager-Rakhine
Technical Line Manager : Head of Support Services, Yangon
Direct Report for : Support Services staff (HR, Finance, Supply chain)
Provides coordinated and strategic leadership for all support functions and ensuring the smooth running of all support functions to meet the program needs in line with the DRC Operations Handbook. Ensures donor compliance, and auditability of all DRC Rakhine documentation.
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations for Sittwe, Mrauk Oo and Maungdaw field bases.
Planning, strategy, and compliance (as required)
- Ensure annual planning for Rakhine support services is prepared and regular targets are met, and these are linked to the coordination unit for country wide consistency.
- Ensure project planning includes relevant Rakhine support service requirements (such as lead times and appropriate budgets).
- Ensure resource mobilisation is realistic and meets the needs of support functions, by using the operations budget to input into donor proposals.
- Ensure Rakhine support services are fit for purpose to meet program needs.
- Be the focal point for, compliance self-check, risk register, internal audit, and results contract (related to support services functions only).
- Responsible for training and provision of support to program staff in understanding financial obligations & minimum requirements, capacity-building of national finance, Logistics and HR staff.
- Ensure full implementation and adherence to all DRC financial policies and procedures as well as Myanmar laws.
HR support (approx. 20%)
- Ensure monthly reports and targets are met by the department and be a link for the HR coordination unit.
- Ensure quarterly tasks are completed on time (such as staff inductions, Code of Conduct training and leave planning, in collaboration with sectoral managers).
- Ensure annual HR tasks are completed as per the handbook (Performance Reviews). Ensure HR procedures are adhered to base on the global people policy, including recruitment, development, performance, contracts, well-being and people planning for all Rakhine staff (except expat contractual management with Yangon and Copenhagen).
- Streamline HR functions across departments (including support on organogram development).
- Responsible for tracking provision of capacity-building and trainings provided to all DRC Rakhine staff, promoting fair allocation of training resources across all departments.
- Oversee efficient Human Resource management for DRC Rakhine State, of both DRC contracted employees and incentive-based workers.
- Oversee HR procedures, including recruitment of national staff, contracting/renewals, and (working with line managers) maintaining records of leave and performance management (staff HR files), as well as ensuring time-sheet completion. Support Yangon-based HoSS to do the same for international staff.
- Act as one of the DRC Code of Conduct focal points for Rakhine.
Administration support (as required)
- Provide technical support to the Government Liaison and Administration Team as required (which is under the management of the Program Support Manager).
- Support the team to ensure follow up on routine tasks are carried out (guesthouse supplies, visa applications, phone credit purchase and utilities bill payments, are completed.
Logistics and procurement support (approx. 20%)
- Ensure procurement procedures are followed and that the Supply Chain Manager acts as a focal point for tenders (or delegates appropriately).
- Ensure the department KPIs are improving, and monthly report submissions are timely and of increasing quality.
- Work with the SCM to ensure each of the sub departments (procurement, fleet, assets, warehouse, and IT) have targets and are meeting them, in line with operational handbook procedures.
- Ensure Supply Chain Manager follows up on rental and lease agreements etc., and documentation is correct as per DRC operational handbook procedures.
Finance (approx. 50%)
- Primary budget holder for all support service lines and responsible for budget monitoring for support service line.
- Work with budget holders / managers to monitor and forecast the budgets for all area office grants.
- Ensure key annual finance tasks are completed (such as the annual reports)
- Work with finance team to ensure program teams clearly understand compliance paperwork.
- Ensure that monthly finance tasks are completed (payroll, SOS, PIT, cashbooks and cash forecasts) and in line with operations handbook procedures.
- Support Area Manager for production and maintenance of a Master Budget for Rakhine State, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation.
- Prepare financial reports for donors, as well as internal reports and budget follow-up.
- Ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is in place and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation.
- In collaboration with relevant program managers will consolidate program and support budgets for funding bids and revisions.
- Reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control and review them for efficiency when appropriate.
- Oversee the organisation and maintenance of financial and administrative archives in compliance with DRC policy, donor regulations and national law
- Responsible for training and provision of support to program staff in understanding financial obligations and minimum requirements.
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- Line manage Finance, Supply Chain and HR staff in DRC Sittwe office, and provide technical management to finance supply chain and HR staff n Mrauk'Oo and Maungdaw field offices.
- Accountable for people management of direct reports in Sittwe. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
- Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager.
- Master's degree in relevant area.
- Relevant technical trainings.
- Training in DRC dynamics is an advantage.
- At least 5 years' experience in similar role
- At least 3 years' experience with people management.
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and procurement processes.
- Knowledge of budget cycle and monitoring processes.
- Knowledge of code of conduct principles and the HR systems for performance management.
- Knowledge of key donor policy and compliance procedures.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract: DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension. This position opens for Expatriates. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment. The position is placed in Employment Band F-2, Senior Management.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
Interest? Click Apply Bottom. Please send your application, in English. The advertisement will remain open until we find the expected candidate.
CV only applications will not be considered. We only accept applications sent online.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and shortlisted candidates may be contacted for interview/an offer made before the advertised closing date)
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: