International Consultant for private sector-related biodiversity finance implementation
PLEASE APPLY ONLY USING THE QUANTUM SYSTEM PLATFORM
Negotiation Reference No. : UNDP-THA-00073
Instructions to Applicants:
Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in the guides available on the UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from the previous registration.
If any discrepancy between the deadline in the Quantum system and in the deadline indicated elsewhere, the deadline in the system prevails.
*** PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT THE APPLICATION ON THIS WEBSITE OTHERWISE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
*** FAILURE TO SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS OR INCOMPLETE PROPOSALS SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
*** THE SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES MAY BE CONTACTED, AND THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE NOTIFIED.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will play an integral role in developing outputs that encompass several prioritized biodiversity finance solutions. The primary objective is to actively involve the finance and private sector in Thailand's Biodiversity Finance Plan (BFP) implementation, thereby supporting BIOFIN's work in the country.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team composed of both international and national technical specialists with varying experience and backgrounds.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and willingly accept new work assignments.
- Takes responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and strives until successful outputs are achieved.
- Very good communication, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in finance, development studies, international studies, social sciences, biodiversity, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in the field of environment and development (e.g., biodiversity, environmental economics, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years of relevant and progressive experience in private sector biodiversity finance and familiar and up to date with global biodiversity frameworks, TNFD, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, ESG and impact investing, and national issues in biodiversity finance for conservation, communications, and related areas.
- Proven experience in writing-up technical proposals and/or biodiversity finance plans.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: