ICT Assistant Afghanistan Khost
Purpose of the Job:
The Information, Communication Technology (ICT) Assistant under administrative supervisor of Field Office Coordinator and technical supervision of ICT Officer – Central will ensure to comply and implement all ICT protocols, standard operation procedures and policies. The ICT Assistant is responsible for maintenance of all equipment, gadgets and tools. The Assistant will also run regular check up on the network speed/quality and communication system malfunctions to the line managers and seek support. The ICT Assistant will safeguard processed data’s, strictly maintain confidentiality and raise staff awareness on the Data Protection methods.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of all core competencies portfolio according to plan of action.
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated.
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day-to-day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Development of holistic and needs based programs, including cash-based interventions and marked based programs.
- Keeps regular contact with NRC staff requiring IT support and help disk.
- Responsible for installation and uninstallation of IT equipment in the office or any site as requires.
- Responsible for Installation of all allowed Software, antivirus, office package and configuration of emails, windows, and printers
- Update ICT Inventory on weekly basis and maintain proper filling of ICT items’ damage report, handovers.
- Responsible for maintenance and repairing of all ICT equipment.
- Ensure to back up of data on regular bases and report to management upon request.
- Enhance internal control system and monitoring the reasonable use of internet and report misuses to the line manager.
- Conduct regular check-up and monitoring of all ICT asset, provide sustainable solution, and troubleshoot system malfunctions.
- Maintain an update tracking system and report on monthly bases to the line manager.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Any other task given by Immediate line manager or ICT Coordinator, Able to work later hours or on Weekends if requires.
Generic professional competencies:
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector.
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market-based programmes.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or any other relevant fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in ICT position with NGO and INGOs.
- Previous experience working in a similar role providing technical support, help desk experience and experience with local area networks is an asset.
- Familiarity with A+ Hardware and Networking is required.
- Good knowledge of anti-virus and Cisco firewall software, Microsoft network environment.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: