Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Ukraine Odessa (for nationals only)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
NRC Ukraine country mission seeks to establish and implement M&E systems that will enable improvement of internal management, programme/project performance and evidence-based decision making, particularly through implementing local partners. Within this context, the M&E Officer, dedicated to supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation systems, will contribute to the overall management of quality M&E data in the NRC Southern Ukraine office. The M&E Officer will be reporting to the Area Programme Manager in technical line with the M&E Manager.
• Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
• Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance, and tools, for NRC and its implementing partners.
• Support programme staff and implementing partners in planning for and executing M&E, including data collection methodology and tools, and data management, analysis and use.
• Support Implementing Partners (IP) to plan for and execute M&E exercises as agreed in signed partnership agreements
• Capacity building and training of programme and implementing partners staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
• Develop and support IP to develop M&E tools for gathering information/data from the field and keep up-to-date data required for timely and quality reporting.
• Provide capacity building to local partners on M&E processes and tools.
• Ensure follow-up of the M&E processes and tools during the project lifetime.
• Compile and update CO level monthly output tracking sheet (M&E matrices), online GORS reporting, monthly M&E reports, Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) database.
• Support the project teams to improve the quality of monitoring, evaluation, and accurate reporting, including training on M&E tools.
• Support Programme team and local partners to implement project-level assessments, including PDMs, baseline surveys using mobile data collection methods, outcome measurement, training and supervising of enumerators, data entry and analysis;
• Regularly monitor project activity and report the success and challenges to the M&E manager.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
• Area Managers, Area Programme Manager, Programme team development managers,
• Local implementing partners in Southern Ukraine.
• M&E manager.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories.
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
• At least 1 years experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting
• Bachelor's degree in social science, business administration, economy, computer science or other related field.
• Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
• Experience working with multi sectors would be an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
• High level of English and Ukrainian.
• Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
Context-related skills, knowledge and experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational and team working skills
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
2. Behavioural competencies
• Planning and delivering results
• Working with people
• Communicating with impact and respect
• Handling insecure environments
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: