Individual Contractor - Hausa Language Information Assistant
Result of Service
UNIC Abuja is creating various information materials in the local language – Hausa. It is important in order to obtain the general public's understanding and support of the UN work to Nigeria’s development.Work Location
6 MonthsDuties and Responsibilities
The individual contractor will be responsible for the following duties:
• On a daily basis, translate UN messages into the Hausa language;
• Support the production of multimedia content in the Hausa language for a variety
of platforms, including audio and video productions;
• Produce regular audio bites of key messages in the Hausa language;
• Maintain a database and contacts of Hausa language radio, TV and print media
partners for dissemination of UN content;
• Regularly disseminate UN content to Hausa language platforms, including social media;
• Monitor the use of Hausa language productions and content on various platforms;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the UNIC Director.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mass Communication, International Relations, Journalism or Development.
Experience in working with development organizations is desirable
Fluency in English and Hausa is required. Ability to translate documents into the Hausa Language for this position.
• Energetic and have some experience working as radio programmes producer in Hausa and preferably should have worked for one of the reputable Hausa radio stations in Nigeria;
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with team members, delivering through and with others;
• Ability to apply judgment in the area of job assigned, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
• Good writing skills with attention to details as well as understanding the conceptual frameworks to be able to translate into Hausa Language.
• Excellent communication and reporting skills especially in the Hausa Language;
• Strong computer skills, including word processing, presentation packages (PowerPoint), Internet, etc;
• Strong skills in the application of communication technologies;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and in a team.
• Good English Language skills
Skills with social media, experience with radio productions: production, directing, editing, digital radio and webcasting. Other experience with print media or TV will be considered
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: