Re-opening: Regional Resource Mobilization and Partnership Adviser, P-5, Asia and the Pacific Regional Office
This post is non-rotational.
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date: 6 December 2016 (5:00 pm New York time)
Duration: One year (renewable)*
*[i] No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulation 4.5
All applicants who have previously applied will not need to re-apply and their candidacies will be taken into consideration.
Under the overall guidance/supervision of the Regional Director and in close consultation with the Resource Mobilization Branch, the individual - located in a regional office - will focus on the development and implementation of a Regional resource mobilization Strategy and on building and coordinating Regional Office resource mobilization, partnership and private sector outreach capacity with emphasis on partnership building with the private sector and non-traditional partners. He/she will also provide capacity building to Country Offices (COs).
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in international relations, international development, public administration, communication, management or other related field;
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in Resource Mobilization or partnerships building, including at least 5 at the international level
- Established track record in fund raising and public-private sector partnerships;
- Relevant work experience with UN, bi-lateral, international donors/agencies and/or non-governmental organizations;
- Familiarity with UNFPA programmes and policies, knowledge of international development policies and institutions, international politics an advantage
- Fluency in English is required; Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: P-5, International Professional
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2016-12-06