International Consultant: Syrian Camp-Refugees Economic Welfare - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
“111,930 people benefitted from NRC Shelter programmes in 2015”
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Scope of work and deliverable:
The Consultant will undertake the following for both Zaatari and Azraq camps:
- DURATION AND ASSIGNMENT DUTY STATION
The duration of the assignment will be between 88 and 132 work days over 6 months depending on the agreed work plan, and activities can be conducted both in Jordan or remotely (home-based) depending on what is agreed with the supervisor. The duty stations will be Zaatari and Azraq camps, Jordan. Transportation from Amman to the camps will be organized by NRC. The Consultant will report administratively to NRC but will be under the direct supervision of UNHCR for the outputs of the consultancy. Office space and equipment will be provided by NRC.
All applicants must address each selection criteria detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Strong interest and exposure to development and humanitarian issues, especially in the area of poverty assessments.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to the project;
- Well-organized and with strong coordination skills;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Focuses on result and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with a constructive attitude;
- Delivers quality outputs under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Shares knowledge and experience.
The position will be remunerated based on a daily lump-sum. The lump-sum will include all travel to and from home country (if living outside of Jordan), accommodation while in Jordan, equipment, phone calls and any costs associated with undertaking the Scope of Work. Non-resident income tax rate is 10% and is to be deducted from the contract amount and paid by NRC to the tax department. An income tax clause has to be included in the contract with the percentage that will be deducted and paid to the tax department. NRC also provides the Consultant with the receipt (proof of payment) within 1 month. Tax at 10% will be deducted from any payment and so should be included in the lump sum. The successful candidate will receive his/her payment following clearance of the pre-agreed milestones.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested consultants must submit their application through the Webcruiter website by 11th December 2016.
- Motivation Letter, setting how specifically how the applicant meets the recruitment criteria and comments in the TOR and key considerations in their approach.
- A lump-sum daily cost in USD including all costs and 10% tax.
- Completed application form.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Mafraq
- Grade: International Consultant
- Humanitarian Aid
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-12-11