Ashgabat | Turkmenistan
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct supervision of Operations Manager (OM) the post holder assists the office in Finance and HR administrative functions ; performs a variety of specialized tasks in finance and accounting and support in personnel matters by processing different kinds of HR related functions.
The incumbent will liaise with UNICEF Global Shared Service Centre) Centralized Business processing Unit) in Budapest on different finance and Human Resources issues
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Finance and Accounting Responsibilities
1. Maintains financial records to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and makes day-to-day transactions and reports, process payments, etc. and reconciling data for recurring or special reports. Closes monthly and annual accounts.
2. Maintains and operates bank accounts and maintains liaisons with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts. Maintain regular contacts with UN system agencies on matters relating to finance.
3. Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data
4. Prepares financial cash flow estimates and other detailed cost estimates and participates in budget analysis and projects, as required
HR related Responsibilities
5. Assists in implementing entitlement of international and local staff in accordance with UN/UNICEF rules and regulations.
6. Prepares briefing and orientation to newly arrived staff on personnel and administrative procedures and requirements (payments, opening of bank accounts), and international staff personal entitlement in the country. Informs and counsels all staff on the correct application of UN/UNICEF personnel and administrative rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
7. Assists in the recruitment process of national professional officers, general service, and temporary staff according to UN/UNICEF rules, regulations, procedures and policies. Arranges internal and/or external advertisement(s) and, in consultation with supervisor, prepares the short-listing of candidates and conducts logistics for interviews.
8. Prepare travel route, calculate the costs, and finalize the travel authorizations.
Calculate final travel claims, process payments for the tickets and travel entitlements for local and international travel of staff members & consultants.
9. Process overtime, medical and after service settlement , follow up on PF status of the staff and PF data to HQ, maintenance of staff attendance records and personnel files
10. Performs other duties, as required.
Impact of results
The efficiency and efficacy of the Finance and Human Resources Assistant directly impacts on the optimum, appropriate and effective use of resources and efficient financial recording, accounting and reporting, which in turn facilitates management oversight, decision making and quality control.
Complete secondary education; specialized training or courses in finance, accounting and human resources administration.
Knowledge of SAP financial module is an asset.
Six years of practical experience in finance/accounts and HR administration. Experience in international organization is an asset.
Working knowledge of English, Turkmen and Russian.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
To view our competency framework, please click here
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=501618
- Organization: UNICEF
- Location: Ashgabat | Turkmenistan
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-12-12