Logistic Assistant - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
“111,930 people benefitted from NRC Shelter programmes in 2015”
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adheres to NRC policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Develops own weekly activity planning with direct supervisor.
- Monitors progress of own activities.
- Prepares, files, tracks and archives documents according to standards set in the departments Handbooks.
- Maintains working relationships with relevant local authorities and/or stakeholders.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly. The line manager drafts the specific responsibilities and sends them to his/her line manager for approval.
- Assists in the receipt, storage, and transfer of stock from Zaatri Camp warehousing;
- Completes and files accurate and up-to-date logistics documents, incl. Goods Received Notes (GRN), Stock Request Forms, Waybill, Loss & Damage Reports, and Stock Reports.
- Participates in the monthly stock counts for Zaatri Camp Warehousing;
- Provides assistance with local procurement, in accordance with NRC procurement guidelines and thresholds, where required and as delegated by line management;
- Provides up-to-date information on the status of all local procurement for inclusion in the PR Tracker.
- Processes camp permit requests and facilitates camp access for vehicles and supplies;
- Assists in the preparation and completion of daily / weekly / monthly logistics reporting requirements.
- Any other general logistics assistance as directed by line management.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate in Logistics, with a minimum of 1 year previous experience.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in one of the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Contract period: 12months
Salary/benefits: 719JD According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Mafraq/Zaatari
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Mafraq
- Grade: Services and Support
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-12-08