Finance Coordinator (National Position), Country Office, Erbil - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, and emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil and Kirkuk.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/ project implementation.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at Country level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of finance team
- Ensure development and implementation of financial systems and procedures
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Focal point between the finance manager and field finance team
- Focal point for Agresso between Head Office (Oslo), Country Office and Field offices.
- Preparing budgets with the help of the finance manager and follow up with the budget holders
- Ensuring financial support and constant communication toward concerned area offices
- Producing financial reports and analysing the weakness and strength of the reports
- Ensuring the proper use of funds according to NRC and donor guidelines;
- Ensure preparation of monthly balance reconciliation sheet (BRS) within the stipulated period
- Coordinate the consortium project audits as per the donor requirements.
- Responsible in closing projects and fiscal year
- Ensure that all procurements, payments and other transactions are in line with donor financial guidelines, rules and regulations for procurement, accounting and reporting
- Management the financial software for proper control and regular periodic closing
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Finance Coordinator in an INGO or humanitarian agency
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge & experience of working in Agresso accounting system
- Past experience of working in middle-east or Iraq.
- Knowledge of Kurdish/Arabic an advantage
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- The post will be for 12 months contract duration (with possible extension). The salary starts from IQD 3,374,200 with health insurance. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Iraq
- Grade: Mid level
- Finance and Banking
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-12-13