JUNIOR CONFERENCE ASSISTANT
The Junior Conference Assistant is located in the Secretariat of the Governing Bodies and is in direct contact on a regular basis with Permanent Delegations, particularly Members of the Executive Board. She/he provides clerical support to the Assistant Secretary of the Executive Board and the Assistant Secretary of the General Conference.
Receive, sort, register and distribute incoming documents for the sessions of the Executive Board and General Conference; assist in processing priority documents within fixed deadlines and ensure follow up action.
Assist in the organization of the Executive Board and General Conference meetings and intersession meetings; arrange for meeting facilities/equipment and assist in all logistical and technical matters; serve as focal point for the Documentation Reception Desk for Members of the Executive Board and the Bureau of information of the General Conference.
Liaise with the Bureau for the Management of Support Services (MSS) (printing shop, document planification and control); receive and dispatch official speeches and reports; distribute private session documents; assist in the coordination of the workroom clerks hired for the sessions.
File Governing bodies documents and correspondence; maintain various manual, computerized information and reference systems; archive Executive Board and General Conference documentation.
- Secondary, technical and/or vocational training.
- At least two years of relevant work experience in administrative and logistical tasks in the area of conference support.
- Experience of work in a confidential and sensitive information environment.
- Good organizational, coordination and filing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, in a multicultural environment, and provide efficient quality support and services.
- Good time management skills.
- Capacity to work efficiently under pressure.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Discretion, tact, diplomacy.
- Cultural awarness and sensivity.
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent knowledge of French or English and satisfactory working knowledge of the other language.
- Specialized training/certification in management of documents.
- Knowledge of UNESCO‘ Executive Board and General Conference rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of governing bodies documentation.
- Experience working with UNESCO Governing Bodies Experience within the UN system or an international organization.
- Organization: UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Location: Paris
- Grade: GS-3, General Service
- Conference Services
- Closing Date: 2016-12-08