Senior Procurement Specialist
The Senior Procurement Specialist is responsible for the management of procurement requisitions for health-related products under the PFSCM implemented projects, ensuring that procurement policies and operating procedures are followed in the purchasing of quality assured commodities to target timescales at a competitive price. Responsibilities include market research, preparation and issuance of RFP’s, tenders, purchase orders, negotiations, and administration of awards. The Senior Procurement Specialist will carry out duties that focus on public health in developing countries. He/she will act as a mentor and procurement knowledge expert to improve overall staff level of performance.
- Work under the direction of the Procurement Manager in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase order and major framework agreements with vendors (IQC/BPA).
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager on product specifications and other product quality issues, and to ensure that all commodities procured under this contract meet the appropriate clients’ standards for quality, efficacy and safety or other such appropriate standards.
- Work closely with Supply Delivery Coordinator to ensure products get delivered in accordance with PO terms and conditions.
- Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures. May assist in developing or modifying standard operating procedures.
- Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner.
- Work in a multi-cultural and multi-language environment to conduct international procurement activities.
- Identify issues with day-to-day procurement processes and proactively resolve issues and/or communicate to management in a timely manner, as needed.a
- To purchase medical commodities and equipment in compliance with aid donor regulations, end user requirements and appropriate procedures and standards of ethical procurement.
- Clarify specifications with client/technical specialists to fully understand requirement.
- Identify sources to meet specification using international sources.
- Ensure all commodities meet quality standards and pass GF/USG/FDA tests of Quality,
Efficacy and Safety.
- Contribute to the ‘request for waiver’ process.
- Contribute to Registration database, appraise supplier performance and manage the relationship with suppliers.
- Prepare and issue tender documents.
- Evaluate tenders taking into consideration relevant criteria and ability to comply with
terms and conditions.
- Make recommendation and confirm order with the in country client through Project
- Negotiate cost reductions with suppliers as appropriate.
- Resolve bid challenges in accordance with the PFSCM Standard Operation Procedures.'
- Conduct contract administration and management.
- Prepare contract/purchase orders.
- Liaise with supplier and PFSCM Shipping and Delivery Coordinator as necessary to ensure timely collection from suppliers, shipping and delivery.
- Review supplier invoices to ensure expeditious payment.
- Resolve post contract complaints and issues.
- Mentor other buyers in contracts development and execution
Client Relationship Management
- Maintain an on-going relationship with the client and all stakeholders, keeping them informed, responding to needs and developing solutions.
- Liaise with clients and vendors as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years of experience in a related field with a Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- 2-4 years of experience in a related field with a Master's degree
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of procuring laboratory products and/or medical equipment strongly preferred.
- Five or more year’s procurement experience desired.
- Knowledge of the (FAR) Federal acquisition regulations and former experience with a government contractor desired.
- Some experience in health procurement using USAID/US Government regulations or The Global Fund desired.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Spanish, French, or Portuguese language skills desired.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong customer support skills, including responsiveness and ability to maintain professional working relationships at all levels of the company.
Core Job Competencies:
Navigating the Environment:
Perspective and Dealing with ambiguity
Ensuring Delivery of Results:
Functional/Technical skills, Client Focus, Managing through systems, Managing and Measuring work, Process Management, Priority Setting, Problem Solving and Timely Decision Making
Core Personal Competencies:
Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Written
Core MSH competencies:
Adaptability, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Quality, Quality and Timeliness of Work, Quality of work and Team Relationships, Resource Utilization
- Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (about 5%).
- Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: The Hague
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2016-12-09