Education Project Manager - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC has been present in Iraq since 2010 helping to support the almost ten million people who are in need of immediate help. As violence continues to escalate across the country, 3.4 million Iraqis are now displaced and reaching people in need remains one of our greatest challenges. We expect new waves of displacement as the crisis prolongs and needs surge, particularly in areas with heavy fighting. We have scaled up our response across Iraq to meet the large-scale crisis facing the country and we prioritise reaching more vulnerable people in areas that are difficult to access.
Education Project Manager (Multiple locations)
The Education Project Manger will provide oversight and strategic direction in implimentation of Education Projects in Iraq. The Project Manager will provide quality assurance for all projects and build capacity of staff through mentoring and training to increase the technical capacity of the staff.
Our Ideal Candidate is:
A University Graduate in a relevant discipline who has an proven skills of implementing education projects in emergency context. (further profile information can be found in the Job Description at the bottom of the page)
The Education PM will work under the supervision of the Area Manager, and the guidance of the Head of Program
Job Profile Overview
- Manage NRC’s Education projects and ensure programme quality.
- Carry out high quality reporting, financial management and monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
- Support fundraising activities including preparation of concepts and project proposals.
- Work closely with the Head of Programmes in overseeing and delivering the NRC Iraq Education strategy.
- Conduct field visits and monitor progress against both project and budgetary targets.
- Carry out capacity building of staff
- Development of advocacy, communication tools and messages on education.
- Representation in internal and external forums on behalf of NRC Iraq Education programme
- Implement project specific protection priorities
Please ensure that you mention the country name for each position listed in your application.
Duty Station and Living Conditions
The Position is intended for multiple areas in Iraq (Erbil/Kirkuk/Dohuk/Baghdad)
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Iraq
- Grade: Mid level
- Education and Training
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-12-11