Director Information Services
- Noumea-based position (New Caledonia)
- Attractive expatriate package
- Join the principal development organisation in the region
The Pacific Community (SPC) invites applications for the position of Director Information Services within the Operations and Management Directorate. This position is located at its headquarters in Noumea, New Caledonia.
The Operations and Management Directorate provides corporate services to all SPC divisions and programmes. It consists of three key teams: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.
The role – The Director Information Services is SPC’s Chief Information Officer. She/he will be an experienced and qualified leader and manager with the ability to develop and maintain three distinct but interrelated teams: ICT, Records & General Administration, and Language Services. The Director will be responsible for identifying strategic opportunities to improve and develop SPC IT systems, digitise its business functions, and develop its nascent corporate information knowledge management capabilities. The Director will also manage Language Services, which includes translation, interpretation and publishing. The position is expected to deliver business value and efficiencies. The key result areas for the position are broadly identified below:
- Provide strategic leadership and management that ensures effective service delivery of ICT, information knowledge management (records, administration) and language services (publishing, translation and interpretation) to support SPC’s overall strategy, in all SPC locations.
- Identify, plan and implement strategic opportunities to improve and develop SPC information knowledge management, IT systems, and digitise its business.
- Ensure that all information and language services are financially sustainable, well managed and cost recovered as appropriate, and that resources are directed to SPC priorities.
- Provide advice to, and work in collaboration with members of the Senior Leadership Team and other internal stakeholders to implement system and process improvements, and further SPC’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure the team’s compliance with all SPC’s legal obligations, policies and procedures and build SPC’s compliance with service-related policies.
Key selection criteria
Master’s degree in IT, finance, public administration or information knowledge management.
2. Technical expertise
- At least 15 years of experience leading a multi-functional information technology services team, with demonstrated experience in strategic design and delivery of complex IT solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic and tactical planning, contract oversight, and financial management to link services to business strategies and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience leading a diverse team through positive change.
- Excellent leadership, change management and staff management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary IT and information knowledge management strategies and practices.
3. Language skills
Excellent English language skills, with a working knowledge of French being an advantage.
4. Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A team player, with the ability to network and work effectively in a multicultural setting.
- Cultural sensitivity, and a demonstrated understanding of developing country environments.
- Knowledge of Pacific Island countries and territories is an advantage.
Salary, terms and conditions
Required start date – This position is to be filled by February 2017.
Contract Duration – This position is budgeted for three years and is subject to renewal for three years depending on performance and funding.
Remuneration – The Director Information Services is a Band 15 position in SPC’s 2016 salary scale, with a starting salary range of 6,894–8,521 SDR (special drawing rights) per month, which currently converts to approximately XPF 988,277–1,221,549 (USD 9,583–11,845; EUR 8,717–10,755). An offer of appointment for an initial contract will be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration being given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews. SPC salaries are not presently subject to income tax in New Caledonia.
Please use SPC’s online recruitment system to lodge your application
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume with contact details for three professional referees
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
- Organization: SPC - Pacific Community
- Location: Nouméa
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2017-01-09