Project Management/Business Development Specialist (Re-advertisement)
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Within these three core areas of expertise, UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices in development, humanitarian and peace building contexts, always satisfying or surpassing partner expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it. A flexible structure and global reach means we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
UNOPS KHOC/Philippines is currently in the process of expanding its area of engagement in cooperation with its development partners, focusing mainly on a portfolio comprised of projects and programs in the infrastructure, governance, procurement, justice and agricultural sector.
UNOPS is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Project Management/Business Development Specialist based in Manila
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director, the Project Management/Business Development Specialist shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
Lead the development and implementation of an integrated business development strategy:
- Analyse markets for business development intelligence and opportunities (facilitate assessments of partner needs, UNOPS comparative advantages, and partner survey analysis, among others);
- Active marketing and promotion of UNOPS services by building a network of key partners, keeping abreast of market, donor funding, social, economic, and political trends in the region;
- Maintain close coordination of business development/external relations activities with relevant organizational stakeholders
Manage project development and business acquisition activities:
- Identify potential markets and partners to pursue new/repeat business opportunities and ensure portfolio growth;
- Actively participate in the identification, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programmes;
- Develop high-quality, solicited and unsolicited concept notes, expressions of interest, bids and project proposals that are consistent with UNOPS mandate and strategic goals;
- Train and develop business and partnership competencies of UNOPS personnel; and
Support expansion and strengthening of strategic partner base:
- Support the development and distribution of marketing, communications, and partner relationship management materials;
- Close interaction with operations staff to share information and knowledge; and to provide proactive support and follow-up in building and maintaining effective partner relations;
- Develop and manage partner relationship management intelligence; and
- Project development and proposal writing
Manage Ongoing and newly signed projects:
- Undertake and manage all aspects of current and future projects across UNOPS Cambodia coverage countries
- Apply UNOPS Project Management Methodology throughout the project life-cycle
- Undertake Budget Preparations, Expenditures Forecasting and Expenditures Monitoring across the life of project within defined tolerances
- Ensure that Reporting is designed in line with UNOPS ODs & AIs, as well as undertaken as per timelines within project agreements
- Liaise with Head of Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure that reporting and budget tolerances are adhered to
- Engage with and manage stakeholders, and partners as well as communication with said respective parties
- Report potential issues and/or problems with the Project Board, as well as UNOPS Cambodia Director
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant colleagues vis-à-vis project support activities
Perform any other related duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
- Market Research and Analysis
- Marketing and Communications
- Advisory Services
- Business Analytics
- Business Development
- Partner Management
- Project Development
- Project Management Support
- Project Proposal Development
- Partner Engagement
- Grant Writing
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Strong understanding of industry standards and best practices in business development, and proposal development and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNOPS key partner funding strategies and procurement processes, such as the Global Fund, USAID, European Commission
- Demonstrated prior experience working in project and programme management, international organisations, international development
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules.
- Experience managing a number of different projects across a range of functional areas and geographic locations
- Ability to take initiative occupy a lead role on projects and meetings with a range of stakeholders, partners, donors and government
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs utilized in client relationship management and proposal development activities
- Track record of new business acquisition;
- Proven track record of successfully conceptualizing strategic plans and achieving goals through market focus, innovative approaches and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Good understanding of UNOPS business and operational environment, partners needs and funding trends, as well as the UN mandate.
- Experience in both South East and North East Asia
- Knowledge of UNOPS project and business development approach and knowledge of one UNOPS is an asset
- A Master’s degree in international relations, international development, environmental economics, disaster risk management, development studies, marketing, management or related field. Candidate with bachelor degree requires having two years additional experiences.
- Prince2 foundation certificate is required and Prince2 practitioner certificate is preferable
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience including at least 3 years in the area of business and project development in the international public sector. Candidate with bachelor degree require having two years additional experiences.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to apply: The applications will be received through the UNOPS GPRS online platform below. Applications submitted through other means will not be considered.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Manila
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-12-08