HR Generalist Consultant
HR Generalist Consultant
Songdo, Republic of Korea
The Green Climate Fund (“GCF”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
GCF will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, GCF will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
In order to achieve its objectives, the GCF is undertaking a significant expansion of its workforce. In this context, the Fund is seeking to hire an HR Generalist Consultant who has experience in the entire range of HRM initiatives.
The HR Generalist Consultant will be based at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea, for an initial 6-month period.
The HR Generalist Consultant will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level in functional areas such as benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, recruitment/employment, implementation and improvement of policies.
Duties and responsibilities
The HR Generalist Consultant, under the guidance of the Head of HR and in coordination with other HR Specialists, will carry out the following tasks including but not limited to:
- Providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, training and development, records management, staff relations and retention; completing personnel transactions;
- Developing HR management solutions by collecting and analysing information; recommending courses of action;
- Improving manager and staff relations and performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counselling managers and staff;
- Completing special projects by identifying the project objective, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, developing and organizing information and fulfilling transactions;
- Preparing reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends;
- Contributing to any other operational tasks as assigned by the Head of HR from time to time; and Protecting the organization's value and reputation by adhering to the highest standards of compliance and keeping information confidential.
Required experience and qualifications
- Master’s degree in relevant subject e.g. human resource management or MBA with specialization in HRM;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in similar role in an international/global organization;
- Solid knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting;
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability work collaboratively with colleagues in the pursuit of organizational goals;
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills and focus on details;
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines;
- Willingness to work outside normal hours to accommodate communication with candidates in different time zones; and
- Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken); knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
Applications fromwomen and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged. Interestedcandidates are requiredto sendan e-mail attaching their CVanda letterof interest ina single file to: email@example.com
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g.Olsson, Anna)
Subject line: “HR Generalist Consultant”
Please indicate yourearliest availability to take up the assignment.
Closing date for applications is 8 December 2016 (KST). Applications submitted after the closing datemay not be considered.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: USG, Under-Secretary-General
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-12-08