Grade IS – 1 / Young/Junior Professional Duty station Songdo, Incheon-Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 2 Recruitment type International
Unit Portfolio Management Unit Closing date 15 December 2016 Reporting to Senior Portfolio Specialists Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/112-113 The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change — the defining challenge of our time. Jointly established by 194 Member States of the United Nations in 2010, GCF invests in transformational projects that build low-emission and climate-resilient economies in developing countries. The Fund will serve as an enabler of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, channelling significant financial resources to developing countries to make an ambitious contribution to global climate action.
To realize this unprecedented mission, GCF is expanding its workforce. It is seeking Portfolio Analysts who will be part of a growing organization that offers exciting challenges and responsibilities.
The Portfolio Analysts within the Portfolio Management Unit are junior professionals in the Fund. Each Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for funding activities including carrying out quantitative and qualitative analyses, monitoring disbursements, monitoring compliance to Funded Activity Agreements (FAAs) and preparing reports as needed by the Portfolio Management Unit and external partners.
Duties and responsibilities
- Input data into the GCF Portfolio Management System;
- Control the completeness and quality of disbursements requests submitted by the Accredited Entities and process them;
- Monitor conditions of disbursements;
- Work with Task Managers and Legal to support the monitoring of the compliance with FAA provisions and any other legal covenants;
- Process waivers and other project processes once approved by the Head of Portfolio Management;
- Support the preparation of the Annual Performance Reports as per the GCF’s Performance Management Framework, and other aggregated monitoring reports for internal and external purpose, as needed;
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative analysis to ensure the health of the portfolio as per the Risk Management Framework; Support the monitoring of Accredited Entities in adhering to GCF’s policies and guidelines, including Environmental and Social Safeguards, Gender, and Risk as per the Monitoring and Accountability Framework for Accredited Entities;
- Collaborate with the Independent Evaluation Unit as appropriate;
- Keep abreast on evolving sector issues that may directly impact funded projects.
Required experience and qualifications
- MBA or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or relevant field; CFA / CA or other professional designation preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Familiarity with M&E state-of-the-art methodologies;
- Demonstrated ability to understand the nature of GCF investments and the strategy for a risk-sensitive approach to portfolio management; prior experience in working with client countries or partners in developing projects are a plus;
- Financial and credit analysis skills including some advanced financial modeling skills are an advantage;
- Exposure to climate change projects with a focus in one or more of climate change areas preferred;
- Fluency in English is essential and knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage. Additional requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with people at all levels;
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards
- Strong sense of service to GCF and its stakeholders, openness to feedback and to new ideas
- Committed to GCF’s goals and mission
- Client orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technological awareness
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Portfolio Analyst”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2016-12-15