Associate Professional</p><p>Division of Mitigation and Adaptation
Division of Mitigation and Adaptation Grade IS - Associate Professional Duty station Songdo, Incheon-Korea Contract type 3 years (fixed-term) Number of posts 2 Recruitment type International
Unit, Division/Office Division of Mitigation and Adaptation Closing date 30 November 2016 Reporting to Director of Mitigation and Adaptation Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/106-107 The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change — the defining challenge of our time. Jointly established by 194 Member States of the United Nations in 2010, GCF invests in transformational projects that build low-emission and climate-resilient economies in developing countries. The Fund will serve as an enabler of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, channelling significant financial resources to developing countries to make an ambitious contribution to global climate action.
To realize this unprecedented mission, GCF is expanding its workforce. It is seeking two Associate Professionals who will be part of a growing organization that offers exciting challenges and responsibilities. Position description
The Associate Professional in the division of Mitigation and Adaptation will be responsible for a range of analytical and operational tasks related to policy, guideline and pipeline development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide analytical and operational support for the development of policy and guideline documents including, inter alia, the Fund’s investment framework, initial proposal approval process, operational guidelines, procedures and toolkits. This may include background research, collecting and analyzing data, conducting specific research and analytical work, drafting written reports, engagement through email and phone calls with the Fund consultants and experts, and oversight and coordination of the relevant document internally up to the point of publication;
- Deliver support in project and programme pipeline development, including initial screening and review of project/ programme funding proposals and concept notes, interactions with accredited entities in bilateral meetings, preparation of assessment findings, maintenance of the operations database, monitoring of implementation of the approved projects or programmes;
- Provide organisational and substantive support for the Fund’s Board meetings and other events and meetings related to the functioning of the Fund. This may include assisting in the preparation of relevant documentation, taking meeting minutes, preparing summaries of discussions for the Report of the Meeting, and providing support for the drafting of decisions; and
- Support any additional analytical and operational tasks as assigned by the Director.
Required experience and qualifications
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences, law, or related fields;
- Two (2) to four (4) years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in climate finance or carbon finance experience is highly desirable;
- Experience in an international setting, and ability to work independently and take initiative in response to the Fund's needs;
- Experience in developing policy documents, conducting research analysis and articulating findings and recommendations;
- Familiarity of multilateral climate funds, project financing, and UNFCCC framework;
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to articulate complex issues verbally and in writing in a concise manner;
- Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
- Planning & organizing
- Client orientation
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Associate Professional - DMA”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Junior
- Closing Date: 2016-11-30