Finance Assistant, GS-6, Budapest, Hungary
Budapest | Budapest
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the general guidance of the Finance Specialist and the team lead, reconcile various bank accounts of UNICEF using SAP. Analyze reconciling items and provide client offices with practical guidance on how to close these items. Suggest necessary journal entries where applicable. Systematically follow up long outstanding items and long outstanding open cases for bank reconciliations. Maintain appropriate records for the work performed. Be able to resolve and/or escalate issues or queries raised by client offices.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Receive and open complex and sensitive cases. - Review case documentation for completeness. - Review case documentation for validity and conformity with current rules and regulations. - Determine the appropriate action(s) based on case details.
- Prioritize and manage work activities and time commitments based on business criticality as defined by supervisor. - Process transactions in SAP / other tools as initiated by cases or regularly scheduled activities. - Upload electronic/batch files and verify results in destination system. - If at any point the process fails, determine whether to park, return, or escalate. - Prepare required documentation and submit transactions for approval. - Update and close cases to reflect accurate status. - Provide sufficient detail to explain resolutions/status to clients.
- Maintain referential integrity between case records and SAP records. - Execute all required processing controls (e.g. eligibility, policy compliance, duplicate checking, transaction/employee/account status verification, other). - Self-QA review/completed transactions for accuracy, reconciling source data to outputs.
- Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries. Provide technical advice as needed. - Escalate inquiries requiring more extensive research.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted towards the minimum work experience requirement.
Non - Hungarian citizens must be in possession of a work permit or be nationals of EU countries. Please note thatGeneral Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any traveland accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
All applications to UNICEF are required to be submitted through UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply tothe above position by submitting your application on our web site. Kindly note that all applications should be in English.
Based on the Organization's requirements of services at the time of appointment, contract durations may range fromfive and a half months up to one year. Upon completion of this initial fixed-term contract, extension will be subject tosatisfactory performance, continued requirements of services, and medical clearance.
Monthly emoluments will be made in the local currency, the Hungarian Forint.
Onboarding dates will be determined on a case by case basis contingent on the business needs of the center.
Successful candidates may be expected to assume their new duties within thirty (30) days from the acceptance of theoffer of appointment.
This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have previously applied need not re-apply.
Please note that this is a recruitment campaign for multiple positions in the GSSC Office in Budapest, Hungary.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=501574
- Organization: UNICEF
- Location: Budapest | Budapest
- Grade: Mid level
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2016-12-12