Chief of Party, USAID/Ukraine Program to Support Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions
Position: Chief of Party, USAID/Ukraine Program to Support Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Period of Performance: 5 years
Practice: Communities and Governance
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks a Chief of Party to direct an anticipated five-year USAID-funded program to support anti-corruption champion institutions in Ukraine. The program is expected to enhance institutional accountability and capability to deter corruption and to develop and support a citizen constituency for fighting corruption in Ukraine. It will support strengthening institutional accountability and mechanisms to fight corruption, as well as enhance communication on Anti-Corruption reforms, and empower a core constituency of Anti-Corruption reformers to monitor corrupt practices in and actively collaborate with government institutions in fighting corruption. The Chief of Party is the senior leadership position with overall responsibility for meeting program objectives.
The position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide technical vision and lead strategic development and support of programming
- Develop and implement a plan of activities to meet program objectives
- Serve as IREX’s primary liaison with donor(s), and other partners including civil society and government of Ukraine
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with development partners such as government institutions, private sector, civil society, etc.
- Ensure identification, sharing, and application of international best practices and lessons learned on anti-corruption related issues relevant to Ukraine
- Build local partners and local staff capacities in area of anti-corruption
- Ensure that donor and IREX reporting requirements on program impact are met
- Manage and mentor project staff
- Oversee financial and administrative management of the program, ensuring budget discipline
- Manage effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities
- Coordinate with home office, represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in implementation national level anti-corruption and civic engagement initiatives
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing donor-funded activities required; USAID experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated successful experience in establishing strong relationships among international organizations and national governments
- Experience working in Eastern Europe strongly desired; knowledge of the political and social context in Ukraine preferred
- Experience in managing sub grants and successfully assisting and building capacity of local organizations required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work with a multi-national, multi-cultural, and multi-partner team
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior officials in government, with civic leaders, businesspeople, and international donors
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff, manage budgets, and plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives
- Strong representational and organizational skills required
- Openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian preferred
Please go to https://www.irex.org/careers?p=job%2FoHne3fw5 and apply via our website.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
- Organization: IREX
- Location: Kiev
- Grade: Senior
- Criminology, Police Affairs and Anti-Corruption
- Closing Date: 2017-01-10