Program Director, Supporting Justice Sector Reform in Tunisia
Tunis | Tunis
Position: Program Director, Supporting Justice Sector Reform in Tunisia
Period of Performance: 2 years
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Practice: Communities & Governance
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Program Director candidates for an anticipated two-year project to support justice sector reform in Tunisia. The project will be funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) and will seek to bolster public awareness and understanding of new judicial legal reforms, institutions, and processes. The Program Director will direct project activities and be responsible for ensuring all objectives are met.
This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary liaison between the project and DRL, senior government officials, subgrantees, local stakeholders, project beneficiaries, and IREX’s home office
- Provide strategic direction and technical leadership for the project, ensuring deliverables are technically sound and submitted in a timely manner
- Provide leadership and oversight for all administrative and operational aspects including finance, human resources, monitoring evaluation, external communications, and contractual compliance
- Supervise and mentor project personnel
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 8 years’ experience working on relevant donor-funded justice programming (justice sector reform, rule of law, access to justice) , with a minimum of 4 years’ senior management experience
- Technical knowledge of and hands-on experience with successfully engaging civil society and government actors on rule of law and/or access to justice issues including but not limited to raising public awareness and understanding of justice and/or rights-related issues, monitoring progress on reforms, expanding legal aid, and improving public trust
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships with communities and high-level government officials
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities, and a demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable for quality outputs and results
- Strong knowledge of rule of law and access to issues in Tunisia as well as the broad social, political, and economic landscape
- Fluent English and/or Arabic language skills
- Tunisian citizenship strongly preferred
Go to https://www.irex.org/careers?p=job%2Forpi4fwW and apply through our website.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
- Organization: IREX
- Location: Tunis | Tunis
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2016-12-16