Digital Copyeditor (English) - New Delhi
The Regional Communication Center (RCC) of the ICRC in New Delhi currently provides communication support to the ICRC delegations in the Asia Pacific region. To broaden the panel of its services, we are looking for a Digital Copyeditor (English) with an eye for detail and a robust approach to editing.
The Digital Copyeditor (English) will supports the ICRC's efforts to connect with relevant audiences through digital content and channels. S/he is responsible for the consistent voice on English-language channels, bridging website, social media, content, and other digital platforms. S/he has responsibilities to support the global positioning of the website with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on the website pages s/he supervises. Applicants should have experience editing, writing headlines, posting content online, using social media, and meeting deadlines.
Located within the New Delhi Regional Communication Centre (RCC) s/he collaborates closely with the English editor in Delhi RCC, the digital officers worldwide, and the global PR team. S/he reports to the Head of the Regional Communications Centre (HoRCC). S/he will work along with the Head of RCC and the Language and Publications Unit at the ICRC's headquarters to achieve consistency across ICRC content and provide support and guidance to Communication colleagues on how to enhance and improve the impact of their ICRC digital content.
What you will do:
- Provide a light, post-publication copyedit and editorial oversight to website pages of icrc.org published in English, working closely with the global digital officers, by using the ICRC English style guide.
- Proofread and fact-check materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency, style and tone using external style guides.
- Respond to copyediting requests in a timely and professional manner, prioritizing key themes and pages to maintain editorial excellence when it comes to English-language grammar and tone.
- Ensure the accurate, timely and effective delivery of digital content, optimised for search and audience engagement, partnering with A/V producers, social media leads, web editors, and other digital officers both in Geneva HQ as well as in the Regional Communication Centres and delegations.
- Offer guidance to internal project teams across the network of RCCs and delegations, ensuring the effective integration of digital into communication campaign design.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and execution of the ICRC's digital content strategy, helping to strengthen the organisation's global reputation, specifically on key humanitarian crises and issues.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders, units and delegations, building the reputation and positioning of digital as a strategic function of the ICRC.
We are looking for someone:
- University degree (master's degree would be an advantage) in communication or related field (such as new media or journalism)Having a minimum of four years' experience in copyediting on a website or for digital audiences.
- Having at least two years' field experience either in the ICRC or a similar organization would be an advantage.
You should also have:
- Excellent English-language writing skills
- Robust approach to editing with strong attention to detail
- Excellent ability to plan and organize work
- Capacity to work within tight deadlines and under pressure
- The post-holder is a creative, flexible, forward-looking, dynamic, empathetic, solution-oriented, and innovative person.
- S/he is a lateral thinker capable of understanding and integrating multiple internal and external perspectives.
- S/he is proficient and enthusiastic about social media, and a user of multiple platforms either professionally or personally.
- S/he is able to support team members effectively and to create a conducive working environment.
- S/he has strong coordination and networking skills with a real capacity to influence decisions.
- S/he is dedicated to the mission of the ICRC and the role of humanitarianism in digital conversations.
- S/he has extensive experience driving engagement and acquisition for a similar organization.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV, work certificates and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, on e-mail ID "email@example.com".
Last date of sending application: 14 December 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2016-12-14