Health Emergency Field Coordinator
North of Syria | Damascus
Position: Health Emergency Field Coordinator
Location: North Syria
Reports to: Health Emergency Coordinator, Head of Health Programs
SCOPE OF WORK:
The QRC seeks a Field Health Emergency Coordinator with significant humanitarian program start-up and management experience to achieve the QRC’s health program in North Syria. The individual must have previous experience working in volatile environments that feature ongoing insurgencies and/or open conflict. The Emergency Health Coordinator will conduct needs assessments, design health interventions, hire and supervise health staff, develop technical trainings, and assist with representation. He will report to the Health Emergency Coordinator in Turkey Mission and be based inside Syria, with occasional work travel to Gaziantep-Turkey Office.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
· Lead the development and refinement of the QRC’s initial emergency health strategy in Syria.
· Support the development of log frames, budgets, and work plans.
· Proactively develop relationships with humanitarian actors and partners in Syria, field locations, to ensure the program strategy is coordinated and complementary.
· Manage rapid program launch and implementation including staff recruitment, training, and supervision; medical supply procurement and inventory planning; and budget management.
· Select and implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems, and ensure consistent reporting and analysis of results to enhance program effectiveness and quality.
· Prepare high quality and timely management reports on response activities and outputs.
· Provide relevant updates and feedback to the Emergency Coordinator in Gaziantep.
· Complete other associated duties assigned by the Emergency Coordinator in Gaziantep.
· Health professional with Bachelor in Health Sciences or Public Health.
· At least 1-year relevant experience in emergency health program management with an Humanitarian Response organizations.
· Experience in health assessments, program design, and implementation.
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
· Experience in staff supervision, delegation, and capacity building.
· Fluency in Arabic and English
For application please see the link:
- Organization: Red Crescent - Qatar
- Location: North of Syria | Damascus
- Grade: Junior
- Health service
- Closing Date: 2016-12-10