World Vision International - Jordan:
Join us and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. We are committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment types (full time, freelance, consultancy…etc) is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more information, please visit www.wvi.org
Position Title: Partnership Coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to oversee the relationships between World Vision and implementation partners for Child focused activities. She/he will ensure that activities are monitored and delivered to a high quality, on time and according to budget. The post holder will also ensure that all programme interventions are highly valued by the community and acknowledged as addressing the needs of beneficiaries. The role will be responsible to recognize and mitigate risk through feedback
- Work with Partners to ensure that all partner’s goals and activities are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Ensure the quality and scope of the projects are in line with international minimum standards and World Vision models.
- Work closely with the M&E team to monitor and evaluate the implementation of the projects according to the approved stated objectives, outputs, activities plans of action and budgets.
- Ensure timely submission of quality project progress reports, and other information as required, for PDQA team and Support offices.
- Perform regular monitoring site visits;
- Monitor the filing, records and correspondence related to the project;
- Propose new activities according to identified needs and suggest solutions for problems encountered with activities, budget/work plan/human resources, discuss them with Jordan team and participate to the decision making process.
Manage Implementing Partners
- Ensure high level of coordination with implementing partners, MOE and other stakeholders to ensure that the planning and implementation of the project according to the approved proposals.
- Lead and supervise coordination with implementing partners to deliver the project.
· Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to partners.
· Meet partners regularly to monitor progress, share lessons learned, experiences, observations, obstacles and to review and update the projects plans of actions if needed.
· Identify needs and provide opportunities for capacity building for the partner staff to ensure proper technical and operational skill levels.
· Ensure compliance with World Vision’s policies; especially procurement, HR, finance and fraud.
· Work closely with the Finance Department on project budget, financial reports, cash flows, ensuring expenses are planned and incurred in line with the approved budgets.
· Assess procurement needs, coordinate and supervise the correctness of WV finance/admin procedures in line with the donor and in close collaboration with Finance and Logistic/Procurement Manager;
· Ensure that soft and hard records are kept for all procurement contracts (services, goods, works);
· Ensure timely and supervise project payments;
· Monitor expenditure, budgets and expenses tracking activities for the project, address under/over expenditure as necessary
· Coordinate for payment of regular expenses, payment schedule and installments to contractors related to the project
· Prepare monthly financial planning related to the project.
· Abide by World Vision security procedures and policies and report any breaches.
· Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally if any.
· Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
· Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by Direct Supervisor or the Operations Manager.
BA/S or equivalent in social science, management, international development, or other relevant field; MA/S in law, international relations, human rights or other relevant field preferred but not necessary. Post graduate education training is an added advantage.
- 4 years of experience with INGOs.
- 2-4 years of experience with partners’ management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven working experience in project coordination and management.
- Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Child Protection, Participation, Do No Harm, Sphere
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection Standards, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Considerable knowledge and experience with budgets and procurement processes
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Very good and efficient communicator.
- Good interpersonal skills, Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina
- Excellent English skills (both oral and written). Arabic is a plus
- Flexible to work in field locations, able and willing to travel to the area of operation on a regular basis to meet the project requirements.
- self-motivated, positive attitude and with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to recognize problems and solve them efficiently.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
• Achieving quality results and service
• Practicing accountability and integrity
• Communicating information effectively
• Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
• Understanding the Humanitarian industry
• Understanding WV’s mission & operations
• Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
• Learning for growth and development
• Maintaining work/life balance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Practicing gender & cultural diversity
• Influencing individuals & groups
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via Akhtaboot.
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Please write " Partnership Coordinator - WVJ" in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2016-12-06