Medford | Washington D.C
The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) in addition to other systems supported by the HRIS team. This individual serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analysing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst also supports HRIS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
Data Integrity and System Maintenance (30%)
- Work globally with decentralized data entry personnel to promote data accuracy and integrity.
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRMS system upgrades, implementation of modules, or fixes/patches.
- Collaborate with functional and vendor technical staff to coordinate and work through support ticket resolution.
- Maintain HRMS system tables.
- Document issues, results, and processes.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
Projects/Process Improvement (20%)
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll).
- Use project management skills in managing projects. May lead project team for a given HR initiative.
Production Support (10%)
- Provide support for HRMS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Train clients on new processes/functionality.
- Train new system users.
Individual Development (5%)
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies.
- Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques.
- Through classes, reading, or other avenues, continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related field
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience working with human resources information systems (HRIS)
- 3+ years of demonstrated HRIS experience and process knowledge highly preferred as well as varied and successful project management experience with a focus on implementations, upgrades, ESS, MSS, etc. within Human Resources
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to manage project deliverables on schedule.
- Strong requirements gathering, project planning, project documentation, change control, issue/risk management, and task/project management skills.
- Ability to both manage a project and function as a hands-on team member simultaneously.
- Ability to execute strategic and tactical priorities across assigned projects.
- Strong understanding of HRIS database design, structure, HR functions, processes, and data. Experience and passion for automation and database tools.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel. Knowledgeable in reporting technologies.
- Experience with a variety of HR software and platforms preferred; NuView experience may be helpful
- Working knowledge of benefits systems set up, interfaces, multi-platform integration. Passion for creating internal documentation, work and process flows, and educating others on the same; SOX compliance experience preferred
- History of vendor management success. Ability to liaise with IS, User Experience Team, external hosting vendor, HR, and employees**.** Excellent interpersonal skills; able to management relationships through transition and imperfection
- NuView/iCIMS systems experience not required, but a plus.
- Proficient in creating spreadsheets and reports using both HR system report writers and Microsoft Excel.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability and willingness to support an evolving organization
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to balance numerous priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- High level of personal integrity, discretion and ethics, with ability to highly confidential information
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly analytical mind set with strong ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Organized with strong time management competency and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Detail oriented with a compliance mindset
- Ability to establish positive working relationships both internally in a team environment and externally
- Sense of humor
- Travel requirements 5%, Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs., etc.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Medford | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2016-12-31