Technical Shelter Officer - Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Role Specific Information
The Shelter Database and Reporting Technical Officer will act as the Shelter national data focal point. They will help coordinate data management between Shelter offices (Irbid, Azraq, Mafraq, Zaatari) and also between Shelter, Protection, ICT, M and E and other core competencies. They will support the Shelter Project Managers and Specialist and other field staff with data reporting, as well as data trend analysis and support the field teams with improvements to collection tools.
- Monitors progress of own activities.
- Provides technical analysis, systems and tools in order to improve quality of programming.
- Ensures that priorities are feed in programming.
- Provides technical analysis and suggestions for project development.
- Shares technical knowledge, develops systems and tools to enhance the quality of the project.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate key processes and gaps in the implementation of the team activities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures a healthy, safe environment for staff and beneficiaries and makes sure that protections concerns are addressed and followed up.
- Provides technical support and develops capacity building initiatives to enhance the technical knowledge and professional development of staff.
- Feeds in the Quarterly team plan with technical experience and knowledge.
- Support the Specialist and SPM in the management of the data generated throughout the different field offices including the provision of technical support to field staff with the objective of streamlining external and internal reporting.
- Act as the national focal point for shelter CC information sharing, analyzing, archiving, and liaising with other CCs / departments.
- Coordinate with SPM and Specialist in identifying aspects for monitoring of trends in Shelter programming and proactively highlight trends analysis on a regular basis.
- Support the specialist with donor reporting.
- Support M&E exercises and analysis when needed
- Act as the information focal point for Shelter with the Shelter and Basic Needs working groups, including Activity info. reporting, VAF and RAIS (whether directly or through field staff) – the support the specialist in coordination tasks when needed.
- Ensure quality control of Shelter databases
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate i, with a minimum of 3 years previous experience. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in the Middle East. Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: 1347 JD According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Amman
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Refugee rights and well-being
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-12-04