Reporting, project development and quality assistant
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operational in West Africa since 1998. DRC´s aim is to contribute to the peace and stabilisation, protection and promotion of durable solution to crisis-affected populations in the region. The overall strategic objective of the program is: Support peace and stabilization, protect and promote durable solutions to conflict-affected population in Liberia, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinée, Burkina Faso and Mali on the basis of humanitarian principles and fundamental human rights.
DRC is open in Burkina Faso since January 2013, Burkina Faso 2 field offices (Dori and Djibo) and a liaison office in Ouagadougou. DRC shares bases with Danish Demining Group, the Armed Violence Reduction unit of DRC. DRC’s Burkina Faso programme focuses on community recovery and development within the sectors of Protection and Social Cohesion, Wash, Livelihoods and Early recovery, food security and cash. The program is currently funded by Danida, ECHO, UNHCR, UNICEF, BPRM, DRC own fund and Private Donor.
The reporting and proposal development assistant will support the DRC national office by contributing to reporting, development of projects and tools, translation and writing of assessment, report and proposal.
Frequent travel to Djibo and Dori.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support writing of proposals, reports and studies in close collaboration with relevant national staff,
- Translation of proposals, tools, reports and other documents needed in both French and English,
- Development and writing of implementing tools to be used on the field,
- Classification of project documentation (physical & electronic),
- Work with the Deputy Country Director on the Grants Management System (GMS),
- Assist the Deputy Country Director in reporting of projects,
- Assist the implementation, maintaining and enhancing the Core humanitarian System (CHS) system in the country,
- Assist monitoring and evaluation team,
- Perform any other tasks and ad hoc needs as deem necessary by the office management.
- Master degree in the Social, Humanitarian, Development, Law, Political Science, International Relations field, or any other area related to DRC activities
- Practical knowledge in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Fluent written and spoken French and English
- Ability to work in a team
- Exposure to work or life in post conflict zone
- Ability to work under pressure
- Solid organizational and coordination skills to enable rapid adaptability to varying work situations
- Ability to deal with several deadlines and processes at the same time
- Ability to maintain a global overview while paying attention to detail
- Team spirit and ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with work colleagues
- Any work experience in an international NGO
- Level: The position is placed at level A20 of the employment category.
- Contract lenght: DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
- Closing date for applications: 06/12/2016
- Start date: Envisaged start date is January 16, 2017
- Non-family Duty Station
- Contact person: For more details on this position please contact Marie Duprez , Regional Program Development and Quality, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Elise Kokora, Head of Programme Burkina Faso, email@example.com
- Please note that applications sent directly to Ms Duprez/Kokora not be considered.
Access to applications
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Applications December 06, 2016.
Applications will be shortlisted and interviewed on an ongoing basis, position may be filled before advert closes.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Ouagadougou
- Grade: USG, Under-Secretary-General
- Closing Date: 2016-12-06