Logistics Officer - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Ensure that appropriate maintenance support is available for Jalalabad Office, Warehouse and guest houses and repairs are carried out in a timely manner.
- Act as focal point for all procurement related activities at Jalalabad office and coordinate with concerned department
- Assist in promoting NRC core values and creating awareness about procurement policies and procedures and other logistic policies
- Preparation of cost comparative statement and obtain an approval from relevant staff;
- Ensure all NRC assets are placed on the standard NRC inventory template
- Ensure that first aid kits are maintained in all the vehicles
- Performs other duties as and when required;
- Capacity building of the Jalalabad and Khost logistic team
- University level education or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar role or responsibility in INGO or humanitarian context.
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile security environment.
- Knowledge of open tender formalities and procedures.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Good control and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of local commercial practices and market situation in Afghanistan.
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Education title: Bachelor Degree
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Jalalabad
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-12-06