Logistic Officer (only open for Afghan nationality) - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Provide technical support for architectural and structural design of the buildings
- Provide specific technical support for identifying and contracting of suppliers
- Carry out regular site monitoring and quality control of the project Provide technical progress reports, mid-term and final reports
- Ensure adequate and quality communication and liaison with all external stakeholders especially the government departments including DoEc and DoRR
- Responsible for ensuring the construction project is implemented according the plan with the required quality.
- Ensure compliance with Shelter/Construction strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to implementing partners and/or contactors
- Highly experienced in coordination;
- Significant knowledge of protection;
- Significant experience in humanitarian work, particularly relating to refugee and displacement issues;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with non-government stakeholders;
- Sound report writing ability, in English and local languages;
- Flexibility to work outside standard working hours.
- Architect / Design
- Education title: Engineering Field
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Herat
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-12-06