Intern - EU Policy
The IUCN Brussels Office follows and informs relevant EU policies, working closely with the EU Institutions, IUCN Members, Commissions and experts, and IUCN partners. In this context, IUCN aims to inform the debate on the EU Strategy on Plastics in the framework of the Circular Economy Package.
Please note that an EU work permit is an essential requirement for this position.
The internship is a 6 month position with no financial remuneration. A daily allowance for meals as well as a monthly public transport ticket will be reimbursed.
The IUCN Brussels team is looking for a highly motivated intern for a period of 6 months to provide support to the policy work of the office. Under the supervision of the IUCN European Senior Policy Manager, the intern will support work related to European Policy. The intern will also support the organization of meetings and events internally and in collaboration with the EU Institutions, as well as external communication activities of the office related to EU policy.
This assignment will include the following responsibilities:
• Assist in the IUCN’s European marine policy work, in particular support in the actions related with the process of preparation of a European Strategy for Plastics by 2017 –with a focus on marine litter–, as well as in the exploration of the use of IUCN tools in support of marine conservation and the implementation of relevant EU policies. Such actions include –inter alia– the support in the preparation of reports and communication material, and support in the organization of meetings and related events;
• Support in the relations and organization of meetings of the IUCN European Policy Advisory Group, the internal IUCN support group for EU policy work;
• Assist in preparing speeches, PowerPoint presentations on a variety of topics related to IUCNs mission;
• Produce communications materials such as newsletters, webstories, articles, brochures, fact sheets etc) related to EU policy;
• Organize events and meetings, including speaker liaison, logistics and onsite support;
• Attend meetings and conferences and reporting on the outcomes;
• Assist in the liaison with EU institutions, members and partners;
• Provide a range of administrative support functions on a day-to-day basis (e.g. processing of invoices, contracts, financial reports, and logistics for meetings).
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges.
IUCN works on biodiversity, energy, human livelihoods and greening the world economy by supporting scientific research, managing field projects all over the world, and bringing governments, NGOs, the UN and companies together to develop policy, laws and best practice.
IUCN is the world’s oldest and largest global environmental organization, with more than 1,200 government and NGO members and almost 11,000 volunteer experts in some 160 countries. IUCN’s work is supported by over 1,000 staff in 45 offices and hundreds of partners in public, NGO and private sectors around the world.
- Organization: IUCN - International Union for Conservation of Nature
- Location: Brussels
- Grade: Internship
- Closing Date: 2016-12-07