Security Associate G6 Maiduguri and Damaturu
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill Security Associate post at the G6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri and Damaturu Area Office. If you are a Nigerian national or a resident of Nigeria and have a legal work permit, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
To perform tasks related to the implementation and assessment of security measures and maintenance of equipment with a view towards providing updates and recommendations to facilitate informed decision-making and secure WFP staff, facilities and operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Review security threats and risks in detail and compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations, in order to ensure information is accurately collated and sent to senior security staff to support reporting and decision making.
- Review security related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to produce a range of analyses and in-depth reports, to ensure that information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors, to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
- Plan and co-ordinate staff activities during field missions and perform security assessments within the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
- Analyse security assessment reports following field missions and present detailed recommendations for risk mitigation to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
- Assist in advising the Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Support the implementation of risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
- Support the maintenance and management of security equipment and make recommendations to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
- Monitor and ensure that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors, in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain and develop recommendations for improving emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures, to support preparedness for a crisis.
- Deliver security training to staff and review security training needs in order to develop measures to meet business requirements.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
EXPERIENCE: At least six years of experience in provided technical guidance and training to staff members within area of expertise; in supporting research and collation of data which feeds into reports that inform security operations activities; sound knowledge of security operations and technical processes.
LANGUAGE: Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: [http://[icsc.un.org](http://icsc.un.org/](http://[icsc.un.org](http://reliefweb.int/http:/icsc.un.org/))
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on "View Vacancy" to read the position requirements and "Apply" to submit your application.
NOTE: Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mails will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.Application deadline December 2, 2016
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Security and Safety
- Security and Safety
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-12-02