Logistics Associate G6 Damaturu
Damaturu | Abuja
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill Logistics Associate post at the G6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Damaturu Area Office. If you are a Nigerian national or a resident of Nigeria and have a legal work permit, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
At least six years of experience in: Maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock; administering third party service providers’ contracts; compiling contract documentation; contract execution; budget monitoring and reporting.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: http://icsc.un.org
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on "View Vacancy" to read the position requirements and "Apply" to submit your application.
NOTE: Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mails will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.Application deadline December 2, 2016
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Damaturu | Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2016-12-02