Budget & Programming Associate G6 Maiduguri
Maiduguri | Abuja
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill Budget & Programming Associate post at the G6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Office. If you are a Nigerian national or a resident of Nigeria and have a legal work permit, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
To provide a range of specialised support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Review budget plans, monitor and analyse project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
- Provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
- Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximise operational effectiveness.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation.
- Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
- Review, compile and analyse data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain communication with a number of stakeholders regarding project funds management matters and related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimise use of funds.
- Provide guidance to other support staff and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in:
- Supporting the preparation and management of budgets.
- Assisting with the monitoring of budgets/resource plans/pipelines/supply chains.
- Assisting with budget/allotment related issues within the WFP budget system.
Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an added advantage.
LANGUAGE: Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: http://icsc.un.org
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on "View Vacancy" to read the position requirements and "Apply" to submit your application.
NOTE: Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mails will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Maiduguri | Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-12-02