Warehouse Management Associate G6 Damaturu
Damaturu | Abuja
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill Warehouse Management Associate post at the G6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Damaturu Area Office. If you are a resident of Nigeria and have a legal work permit, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
To manage a range of warehouse activities including safeguarding of commodities and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
- Contribute to review of WFP corporate warehouse standards and procedures, to support efficiency and changing business needs.
- Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and WFP standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
- Review on periodic basis warehouse space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
- Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings, to ensure that all staff have required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
- Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
EXPERIENCE: At least 6 years of experience in maintaining a logistics database and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock; administering third party service providers’ contracts; compiling contract documentation; contract execution; budget monitoring and reporting.
LANGUAGE: Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: http://icsc.un.org
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on "View Vacancy" to read the position requirements and "Apply" to submit your application.
NOTE: Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mails will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Damaturu | Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-12-02