Financial Business Systems Analyst I
Washington D.C | Washington D.C
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Financial Business Systems Analyst I
The Financial Business Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting all applications within the Deltek ERP Suite with particular emphasis on TESS administration. This person works closely with the end-users to understand business objectives and provide daily support activities. The day-to-day support activities include but are not limited to end-user support, documentation, testing and application maintenance. Provides Level I support on the COMPASS Help Desk.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
• Responsible for supporting all functionalities within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Deltek Suite). Works closely with the end-users to understand business objectives and provide daily support activities. The day-to-day support activities include but are not limited to end-user support, documentation, testing and application maintenance. Provides Level I support on the COMPASS Help Desk.
• As a member of the COMPASS Helpdesk provides first-line support to the global users of the enterprise financial system (Costpoint, TESS, Gov. Win, TM1 and Cognos) and legacy FHI360 financial systems.
• Primary support perosn for TESS application.
• Troubleshoots basic application malfunctions.
• Serves as primary liaison with global end users and works with all staff levels in assessing needs for various business functions.
• Responsible for daily application maintenance activities.
• Documents system maintenance processes and keep them up to date.
• Supports system testing activities including performing test cases, documenting results and reporting and/or compiling findings.
• Monitors the appropriate user security is applied to the enterprise financial system and performs routine audits.
• Serves as a backup for the Financial System Analyst II.
• Identify and recognize routine or standard problems that have established precedents.
• Develop solutions to routine issues and refer non-standard questions and more difficult problems to higher levels.
• Support administrative activities of the department.
• Supports the completion of various ad-hoc requests as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Related Field.
• 0-3 Years related work experience required.
• 3 - 5 Years of progressively responsible financial analysis & reporting work preferred.
• Experience in customer service and experience troubleshooting end-user technical problems strongly preferred.
• Prior experience supporting an enterprise financial system preferred.
• Superior Excel skills.
• Experience with process documentation preferred.
• Superior communication skills. Prior experience with international or cross cultural context is strongly preferred.
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
• Domestic and international travel might be required 25%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Washington D.C | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2016-12-21