Junior Consultant – Partnerships
Cali | Bogotá
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) works to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics through research aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture. CIAT is a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org), a global research partnership working many partners for a food secure future. The Center’s research focuses on increasing productivity of key crops (cassava, common bean, rice, and tropical forages); reversing soil and land degradation; and using information to foster better decisions about issues such as climate change and environmental management. Headquartered near Cali, Colombia, CIAT has regional offices in Nairobi, Kenya, and Hanoi, Vietnam, with staff posted in other countries as well.
The Office of Partnerships and Communications ensures a strong pipeline of donors are meaningfully engaged in supporting CIAT’s mission. CIAT’s research is only made possible by support from the multi-donor CGIAR Fund and by grants from government, foundations, and private sector partnerships. The office provides global support to researchers and management by: communicating CIAT’s impact; increasing awareness of the Center’s research; identifying opportunities for funding; developing strategies for engagement and stewardship; campaign planning; and organizing events and meetings with donors and partners.
- Identifying and researching new funding opportunities for CIAT
- Ensuring that donor and prospect information is stored in a centrally accessible format
- Advancing engagement and communications with CIAT's donors and partners around the world
- Identifying new donors using both internal and external networks and systems
- Providing research on prospects for the different teams within CIAT
- Ensuring that donor and prospect information is kept up-to-date and accurate on the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Writing, editing, and proofing letters, concept notes, proposals, blogs, brochures, and other communications products
- Developing online content about projects, results, meetings, and partnerships
- Supporting global events and meetings through administrative tasks, developing presentations, posters, and other resources
- Supporting communicators, writers, researchers, and CIAT management with other communications and dissemination tasks, as required and agreed
- Bachelor or master’s degree
- Some fundraising experience, especially knowledge and experience of prospect research
- Good command of the English language (writing and speaking), other languages would be an asset, particularly Spanish
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge or similar database would be an asset
- Knowledge of agricultural research and development, fundraising, science, and graphic design, web, or layout capacities would be an asset
- Maintains attention to detail, ability to stay organized, willingness to learn, and executes assignments on time and with quality
Terms of employment
CIAT offers Junior Consultants a monthly stipend paid in US dollars and an airline ticket to and from Cali, Colombia. CIAT will assist in obtaining necessary travel documents, including a work visa.
The position is internationally recruited and will be based at CIAT Headquarters in Palmira, Colombia. The contract will be for one year. CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for diversity.
Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume (less than 2 pages), and names and email addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
All correspondence should be addressed to Melanie Breiter (firstname.lastname@example.org) and must include “Junior Consultant Partnerships” in the subject line.
- Organization: CIAT - International Center for Tropical Agriculture
- Location: Cali | Bogotá
- Grade: Junior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- External Relations
- External Relations
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2016-12-07