Supply Chain Officer NOB Maiduguri
Maiduguri | Abuja
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill Supply Chain Officer post at the NOB level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
To contribute to daily planning and coordination of WFP end-to-end supply chain operations including monitoring of services provided by contracted external organizations to ensure cost-effective operations and that set objectives are achieved in full.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of supply chain end-to-end plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider WFP policies and standards.
- Support or manage supply chain projects and operational activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective procurement and delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to senior staff to improve performance of local supply chain end-to-end operations.
- Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff to optimise use of available funds.
- Contribute to supply chain by providing technical support and guidance to other units/services, particularly for emergency response.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (e.g. through the design and review of training materials).
- Identify and build productive relationships with supply chain colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices, participate in preparation of CO Logistics Capacity Assessment (LCA), to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Participate in the on-going review of internal processes and procedures and identify ways to increase the day-to-day efficiencies.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Commerce, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
A minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience is required in the following: commercial or humanitarian transportation sectors; monitoring and reporting on transport and freight market conditions and trends; dealing with shipments and clearing imports/exports with customs officials; coordinating procurement and transportation processes with other units/ teams; experience with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.); warehouse and commodity management; conducting cost analyses;
Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commission website: http://icsc.un.org
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. WFP will only consider academic credentials and degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on "View Vacancy" to read the position requirements and "Apply" to submit your application.
NOTE: Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mails will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Maiduguri | Abuja
- Grade: Mid level
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2016-12-02