Procurement Officer NOB (Abuja, Damaturu, Maiduguri)
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill Procurement Officer post at the NOB level, based in WFP Nigeria, Damaturu, Abuja, Maiduguri Area Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
A least 3 years relevant professional experience is required with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.), conducting cost analyses, and working with vendors or other partners.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: http://icsc.un.org
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. WFP will only consider academic credentials and degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on "View Vacancy" to read the position requirements and "Apply" to submit your application.
NOTE: Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mails will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Abuja
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2016-12-02