Rapid Response Coordinator (National Position) – Erbil/Khabat - Iraq
Norwegian Refugee Council is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Erbil, Dohuk ,Kirkuk and Baghdad.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Today NRC is looking for Rapid Response Coordinator for its Erbil/Khabat office.
The purpose of the Rapid Response Coordinator position is to implement delegated rapid response project portfolios, comprised of rapid assessments, NFI distributions and/or emergency cash activities.
Travel: 50% travel in areas of new displacement (Kurdistan, Ninewa)
- Line management of Rapid Response project field staff
- Contribute to Rapid Response strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Rapid Response projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM/AM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Establish a network of key informants and information sources that monitor displacements.
- Work with the relevant managers and specialists to establish a network of potential implementing partners, link up with authorities and security forces that will facilitate access to new operational areas. Ready to be deployed to areas of new displacements within 24hrs notice and lead the Rapid Response activities.
- Lead multi sectoral needs assessments in areas of new displacements.
- Provide support with the overall development of contingency plans in the current and new areas of operation.
- Design weekly and monthly implementation work plans, in cooperation with the officers.
- 1. Visit/supervise regularly all the NRC implementation sites. Conduct spot checks to ensure that all SoPs are in place.
- 2. Participate in all relevant Coordination, Cluster and Working Group meetings.
- 3. Participate in the recruitment of field staff and ensure all staff undertake the NRC performance management review.
- 4. Responsible for the security of the staff in the field.
- 5. Supervise that the Information Management systems are in place according to the reporting and data collection requirements.
- Experience from working in a NFI/cash distribution project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent negotiator and very good communication skills.
- Very good contextual knowledge in areas of operations (Kurdistan and Ninewa).
- Very good relations with the community leaders, local authorities and security forces.
- Very good knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish.
- Experience with emergency response.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- The starting salary for the position is IQD 3,374,200
- Health Insurance.
- 4 months (with STRONG possibility of extension)
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Humanitarian Aid
- Humanitarian Aid
- Humanitarian Aid
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-12-03