Logistics Officer -Taiz- Al-Turba ( National Position) - Yemen
To provide logistics and procurement assistance for program activities in NRC Taiz office.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Ensure that logistics and supply (purchasing activities) within Taiz office are carried out according to NRC’s policies and principles .
- Recommend and advice on any improvement or changes to these procedures as a means of further strengthening best practice adapted to the local context.
- Responsible for maintaining good and professional relations and establish good contacts with vendor-suppliers, other humanitarian actors (including UN agencies) and government departments that relate to logistics .
- Ensure the procurement of all supplies and service needs (high and low value transactions) as requested by various programs supported by Taiz office in a timely and cost effective manner and according to NRC Policy on procurement, and keeping in mind any donor requirements on procurement.
- Coordinate all field deliveries with program teams according to the volume of needs determined by the program.
- Effectively implement all information/data system necessary for the sound and transparent tracking and management of the logistics function in Taiz(Requisitions for low and high value transactions, quotations request forms, supplies request form, local purchase orders, Performa invoices, tenders, manifest etc.)
- Ensure that supplies/goods/works contracts are presented in an agreed NRC format for authorization and that all contract records are well kept/filed (in both soft and hard copies).
- Ensure the timely payment of all goods and services rendered, in coordination with budget holders and the finance department.
- Coordinate all logistics/procurement activities with other departments/affiliates in the Taiz office so as to ensure the most efficient use of Taiz office resources, namely staff time and vehicle use.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to supervisor procurement tracking of all requisitions according to agreed deadlines and formats, Vehicle Report, as well as the field office monthly Status Report.
- Maintain Taiz vehicle fleet management routines, vehicle checks including logging, onboard equipment, tools and documents and regular service due dates.
- Ensure proper management of vehicles (deployments) through regular vehicle deployment and mileage (KM) report analyses – and in case of significant variance, ask concerned driver(s) to explain and or report to Line Manager.
- Ensure generation of and action on monthly vehicle management reporting by finalizing and submitting to Sana’a, Taiz vehicle report.
- Ensure all drivers are regularly updated on any organizational information; changes/developments including on any SOPs.
- Manage direct reports i.e. Logistics Assistant according to NRC requirements.
- Train and coach staff on related issues.
- Be responsible for any other logistics and supply needs that may arise from programme supported by Taiz office as agreed with the Senior Logistics Officer in Sana’a.
- Ensure all these duties are carried out in a way that promotes NRC’s values, culture and beliefs .
- National Diploma in Logistics or Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Organized and a good planner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies.
- Understanding of various donors requirements .
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Office and a computer spreadsheet.
- 1 year Contract
- Travel: Approx. 150 days travel
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Taiz
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2016-11-30