Private Sector Engagement Coordinator
Bangkok | Bangkok
Rural poor in context of Middle Income Country, particularly women and marginalized communities, secure sustainable livelihoods through pro-poor policies, increase of livelihood resilience, inequality and economic opportunities”, primarily through the national level Economic Justice Programme.
The Private Sector Engagement Coordinator will oversee the implementation of Oxfam Thailand’s private sector influencing strategy. This position will coordinate closely with Oxfam’s national campaign and advocacy coordinator and the global teams across different affiliates in order to develop relevant opportunities to advocate for more inclusive and sustainable practices of food systems amongst Thai companies in Thailand and in the region. He/She will be responsible for leading Oxfam Thailand’s multi-stakeholder platforms in seafood and maize supply chains and support capacity-building/networking for Oxfam staff and local CSOs to engage more constructively and even up the power with the private sector. The person is expected to represent Oxfam Thailand in public and able to intellectually contribute on the topics of sustainability, inclusive business and human rights in supply chain.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Candidates should hold a Master's or Bachelors degree in business background, relevant social science or natural resource management field.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience managing public-private sector engagement and multi-stakeholder engagement in Thailand and/or Asia
- Business or social enterprise incubation is preferable
- Considerable previous experience of project/financial management and evaluation processes.
- Experience should include supervision of staff, development of work plans, personnel management, and working with communities and user groups.
- Experience in and commitment to gender issues and to addressing gender inequalities in all key areas of responsibilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Thai and English and ability to relate to people from all backgrounds.
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills appropriate to the participatory project approach are essential.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences in complex and stressful circumstances.
- Ability to advice and support field staff in a consultative manner.
This is a national hired post, we will be unable to obtain visa and work permit for a non-Thai national.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/5041/description
OR visit our website www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job reference number INT3009.
Only online applications will be accepted.**
- Organization: Oxfam GB
- Location: Bangkok | Bangkok
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-12-01