Business Intelligence Analyst (Lump sum and 34% part-time)
Phnom Penh | Phnom Penh
1. General Background
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner. Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners ‘expectations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
2. Functional Responsibilities
Under overall supervision of Director KHOC, the incumbent will report to Project Support and Business Development Analyst and will be responsible for the following duties and responsibility:
· Conduct direct support of business development opportunities (proposals, technical advice, workshops),
· Develop standardized business development tools and templates, pricing and costing methodologies for assisting in the procurement business development actions across UNOPS
· Share knowledge on business development strategies and activities; participate in competitive bidding processes and proposal writing and support and participate in business development missions as necessary
· Develop business plans to retain or grow existing business and to formulate plan for new business or line of products/services
· Review financial figures, monitor expenditures versus incomes for assigned projects, and disseminate financial reports to clients
· Actively interact with clients to solicit feedback and gauge client satisfaction
· Conduct market analysis and research
· Identify partner needs and support the development of new products and services in sustainable procurement.
· Ability to Learn
· Ability to Analyze
· Organizing and Quality Orientation
· Strategic Orientation
· Result Orientation
· Communication skills
· Team work Skills
· Motivation & Inspiration
· Client Focus
· Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following areas: international development, international relations, business administration, public management, public governance, programme management, or another related field. A combination of the above mentioned with Environmental Studies will be considered an asset.
· Knowledge of UNOPS past performance and project development approach is an asset.
- Master’s degree, a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience working in the areas of market analysis is required.
- 4 years of relevant experience in the aforementioned areas may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Experience drafting UNOPS concept proposals, grant design process, including KPIs and Performance Framework (PF) is strongly preferred.
· The following experience will be considered as asset:
o Experience in Donor Mapping, and knowledge of donor trends in KHOC coverage countries.
o Experience in Cambodia and/or Sub-Mekong region with UN System entities, International Donor Community, Public and Civil Society Organizations.
- Experience in the delivery of projects that specifically relate to medical facilities.
- Experience in the South East Asian Region.
- Experience in project and team management.
· Fluency in English is required.
The applications will be received through the UNOPS GPRS online platform below. Applications submitted through other means will not be considered.https://gprs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=11211
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Phnom Penh | Phnom Penh
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2016-11-30