Deputy Chief of Party (Television and Video Production)
Istanbul | Ankara
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX will be implementing a robust portfolio of activities that support the development of television news production, current affairs and documentary program production, television broadcast operations, and television training initiatives at a group of indigenous, Arabic-language, media outlets. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party (Television and Video Production) will coordinate with designated media outlet partners, project staff, and technical experts to arrange and provide technical and grant assistance, design and organize training interventions, follow-up, and monitoring activities of indigenous media outlets supported through IREX project activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification of potential new television and video production development projects (“activities”), and local television and video production partner organizations;
- Identification of potential new projects to counter the influence of violent extremist groups on local target audiences through video and television programming;
- Participation in the design of activity proposal documents, including project justifications, political context and background descriptions, project work plans, implementation timelines, activity risk assessments, monitoring and evaluation plans, and budgets;
- Participation in the development of broadcast media, social media and media research project activities;
- Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with a range of indigenous media outlet organizations;
- Management of varied personnel, including IREX program staff members and individual technical broadcast media consultants;
- Development and review of activity deliverables; and,
- Other responsibilities as requested.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Business, Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Political Science or a related discipline;
- At least ten (10) years of project and/or grant management experience. Project design and activity document preparation on U.S. government-funded political transition programming and/or media development projects preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project partners and media sector stakeholders;
- Previous work experience with international donors/NGOs, preferably in transitional and post-conflict environments;
- Native-level written and spoken English with experience in quickly generating high-quality written documents and reports;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in multi-cultural environments; and,
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a flexible manner in terms of number of working hours, days of work;
- High ethical standards; and,
- Occasional travel within Turkey as necessary to manage project activities.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Application deadline: Shortlisted Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply, visit IREX's website https://www.irex.org/careers?p=job%2FoHEh4fwq
- Organization: IREX
- Location: Istanbul | Ankara
- Grade: Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-12-31