Short- and Medium-Term Technical Consultants: Television and Radio Training Experts
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX implements a robust portfolio of activities that support the development of television and radio broadcast news production, current affairs and documentary program production, and broadcast operations at a group of indigenous, Arabic-language, media outlets. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, Television and Radio Training Experts will deliver on-site (on-the-job) training for media outlet partners supported through IREX project activities. Assignments will range in duration from two (2) weeks to six (6) months. Trainers will be embedded within media outlets as part of training assignments.
IREX is seeking trainers with documented experience delivering on-site training in the following subject matter/skill areas:
- Editorial Management
- News Production
- Radio and Television On-Air Presentation
- Digital Audio and Video Editing
- Program Production
- Program Scheduling and Formatting
- Technical Broadcast Operations (Studio Design, Lighting, Camera Operations)
- Transmission Engineering
- Radio Management
- Television Management
- Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Application of Audience Research at Broadcast Outlets
- Financial Management for Media Outlets
- Media Business Strategy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop on-the-job training plans and schedules as directed by IREX;
- Deliver on-the-job training at radio or television outlets;
- Provide IREX and beneficiary media outlets with recommendations for follow-up training, technical upgrades, and management decisions based on results of training interventions;
- Produce comprehensive written reports, in English language, detailing activities undertaken within each training assignment, actions taken within beneficiary outlets resulting from training, recommendations for future training, and other items, as requested by IREX; and,
- Other responsibilities as requested.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in television or radio as a station General Manager, Program Director, Journalist/Reporter/Correspondent, Newsroom Manager, Editor-in-Chief, Producer, Presenter, or Technical Engineer
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in broadcast television or radio training
- Each candidate should include within his/her CV references for the broadcast outlets at which the candidate has radio and/or television work experience, and the broadcast outlets at which the candidate has delivered on-the-job training.
- Experience working in political transition and post-conflict environments
- Experience working in the MENA (Middle East/North Africa) geographic region
- Ability to use and train others to use digital editing software applications – Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Suite and/or After Effects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent English-language written skills for training assignment reports;
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in multi-cultural environments; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a flexible manner in terms of number of working hours, days of work; and,
- High ethical standards.
To Apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Add the word “Training Expert” in the subject of the email.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Application deadline: Shortlisted Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Organization: IREX
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: Senior
- Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2016-12-31