Writer/Editor ( Short term consultant )
Job title: Writer/Editor
Employment type: Short-term consultancy
Duration – 6 – 12 months
Location: Bangkok or working remotely
FHI 360 seeks a qualified Writer/Editor for its Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) in Bangkok to support regional projects with writing and editing needs.
Scope of Work
The Writer/ Editor will support APRO in preparing drafts of written materials, such as programmatic reports, success stories in various formats, press releases, and contribute to proposal writing as necessary. In addition, the Writer/Editor be responsible for ensuring programmatic reports and other deliverables are free of grammar, punctuation, formatting and spelling errors and conform to an appropriate writing style. He/she will ensure consistency, accuracy and clarity of written products in compliance with USAID and other international development donor requirements. As required, the Writer/Editor will create tables of contents and acronym pages as well as format text for final publication in Microsoft Word. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of USAID and other international development donor terminology and language pertaining to public health, nutrition, education, gender, and economic and social development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, social sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional writing, copyediting or editorial experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail and exceptional proofreading skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and easily understandable language, varying writing style to meet the needs of a given audience.
- English fluency (reading and writing) required.
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills, with the ability to create and edit page and section breaks, automated table of contents, captions, cross-reference tables, and footnotes, among others.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and conflicting schedules in a professional manner. Must be flexible and able to work on weekends to meet deliverable deadlines, as required.
- Knowledge of USAID and other international development donor terminologies.
Application and Deadline
Applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Cover letter outlining experience
Proposed daily rate
Writing sample (please submit up to 3 writing samples of no more than 10 pages each; excerpts are ok)
Application deadline Friday, December 2, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified candidates may also be asked to take a writing/editing test.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2016-12-02