Gaziantep | Ankara
“At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This is the vision of CARE, and has been since our founding 70 years ago, when 22 American organizations came together to rush lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to eradicating poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries to reach more than 65 million people with 890 life-saving poverty-fighting programs, including maternal and child health, education, food and clean water and more.
CARE is about enabling the human-to-human connections that affirm the dignity of every person on this planet. CARE puts women and girls at the center of its programs both because they are disproportionately impacted by poverty, something we cannot overcome until all people have equal rights and opportunities.”
CARE is seeking a Financial Controller who will work to develop, manage and administer the CO plans for proper recording, documentation, control, monitoring and reporting of financial operations in compliance with CARE and donor rules & regulations. S/He provides oversight of the day-to-day financial operations at the CO level and is accountable for organizing and providing high level quality financial services to CO programs, projects, CI members, donors and units staff. S/He works closely with the Shared Services Center (SSC) and Regional Management Unit (RMU), CO partners and CO senior management team (SMT) to ensure appropriate financial support and resources are available. S/He ensures a partnership is developed and nurtured between Finance, Program and other program support units in the CO. He/she assumes responsibility for implementation of donor rules and regulations and ensures that all compliance requirements are adequately met, with particular attention and adherence to legal provisions that are specific to the Syria crisis (such as BIS, OFAC and antiterrorism regulations of various donors). He/she will play a critical role in developing systems and processes that support implementation of programming through partner sub-granting and monitoring. He/she is expected to work very closely with program and operations teams to ensure accountability and transparency of the operations.
The CO Financial Controller profile includes: very strong accounting and financial management knowledge, analytical skills, attention to details, ability to work effectively under time pressure, very strong business partnering skills with ability to influence CO senior staff, team player, proactive individual with ability to offer structured guidance, ability to ensure that the right priorities are set for the CO finance team, proven experience in training finance and non-finance staff, proficiency in English.
The CO Financial Controller position has direct reporting line to the Assistant Country Director for Program Support. S/He is an integral member of the CO senior management team.
CARE’s programming in Syria is a highly complex operation, working through partners from Gaziantep in Turkey and in the region in the future; and we are looking for an exceptional individual with high level technical and people management skills. He/she is expected not only to run a financial system, but to build up a strong team and set up systems and processes that are suitable to the context as well as meeting donor and internal requirements.
- Financial System Operations Management and CO Data Processing - the CO Financial Controller plays a crucial coordination and management role in financial system operations to ensure the system is functioning properly and is being effectively used by CO staff. S/He provides day-to-day oversight of CO financial operations and ensures efficient process flows and controls over finance and accounting functions are adequate. S/He ensures financial data are processed in the system accurately and reported to donors, management and other partners timely.
- Staff Management and Development, Talent Management and Capacity Building - the CO Financial Controller is responsible for finance staff and talent management and development as well capacity building in financial management for finance and non-finance staff in the country office.
- Quality review and analysis of financial reports to support management decision making in the CO
- Compliance and Control functions
- General CO oversight and other duties - assists the ACD Program Support and the Country Director and other senior staff in the development of project proposals and CO staff development plans and the review of contracts, IPIAs and other financial commitments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management or equivalent
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years as Finance Controller or Finance Manager in country office environment;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in not-for-profit financial, budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, grants / contract management and business management in developing countries;
- Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience with OFDA, ECHO, DFID,UN funding
- Solid accounting systems experience and thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting, grants and contract management processes
- Facilitation skills to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving and experience with major donor audits (e.g USAID, EU, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Customer focused while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Good leadership, coaching and negotiation skills
- Ability to work on teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Proficiency in using financial software applications, preferably including PeopleSoft
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=3421
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Gaziantep | Ankara
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2016-12-01